- 3/4 lb (2-3 cups) of cooked chicken meat, skin on, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-6 green olives, pitted and minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 to a whole apple, cored and chopped
- 1/3 head of iceberg head lettuce, sliced and chopped
- 5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp plum preserves, or any sweet berry preserve (or a lesser amount of honey)
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all of the salad ingredients and combine them in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing separately. Combine the mayonnaise, preserves, and lemon juice.
Taste for proper balance. The dressing should not be too sweet nor too sour.
Adjust the ingredients until you have achieved the balance you want. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the dressing in with the salad ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.