- 4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 10ml salt
- 15ml honey or brown sugar
- 15ml instant yeast
- 3 cups warm water
- Mix the flour, salt, honey and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add warm water until you have a soft and sticky consistency.
- Spoon into a greased loaf tin and allow to rise until the dough is just touching the top of the tin.
- Bake at 200°C until well risen, golden and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Note: You can add seeds, dried fruit, bran, whole-wheat kernels or nuts to this recipe, but then you may have to add more warm water.
Total fat: 0.6g
Saturated fat: 0.1g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
(makes one loaf)